Why do I need a dental bridge?
Dental bridges are nifty little fixes to gaps between your teeth. They can help:
- Restore your smile
- Assist you to properly chew
- Help the shape of your face
- Help your mouth distribute the impact of chewing
- Prevention for other teeth falling out of place
What are the different types of bridges?
There are three types of dental bridges:
- Traditional - Most common type and is supported at both ends of the gap.
- Cantilever - When the bridge does not have both ends supported by your teeth.
- Maryland bonded - This is the most conservative, as it requires minimal adjustment of your real teeth.
How much will a bridge cost?
It depends, but typically it can cost from $500 per artificial tooth to $1,200 per tooth. However, the cost does depend on a variety of factors.
How do I look after my bridge?
Everyday, you need to ensure that you consistently clean your dental bridge. This will help prevent potential problems such as bad breath or gum disease. Your dentist can show you how to use a bridge needle or special floss; to help with areas that a normal toothbrush cannot get to.